The F1 broadcast landscape in Australia has just received its biggest shake-up since the Ten Network acquired exclusive F1 rights from Channel Nine.
In news breaking this morning, it has been announced that every race, qualifying session and practice session of the Formula 1 season will now be LIVE and in High Definition on Fox Sports. The Ten Network will now only show 10 races per season (from 2015), simulcast LIVE with Fox Sports.
Key details of the new deal with Formula One Management are as follows:
- five-year agreement (starting this year) between Foxtel, the Ten Network and Formula One Management;
- every practice, all qualifying sessions and every race LIVE and in HD on Fox Sports;
- 10 races per season on the Ten Network;
- coverage available through Foxtel Go and Foxtel Play; and
- Fox Sports has signed an affiliate agreement with Sky Sports. Fox Sports CEO Patrick Delany says this agreement will deliver through Fox Sports “the same incredible Formula 1 coverage which is provided by Sky Sports in the UK”.
Formula 1 fans in Australia will be rejoicing that all event sessions will now be available LIVE and in HD.
Formula 1 joins V8 Supercars in the Fox Sports garage in 2015.
More to follow.